Who: ASCS 360ci Desert Non Wing Sprint Cars, AZ Differential Modifieds, Askrens Trucking/Flexi Flyer Sport Mods, Allscapes Stock Cars, Micro Sprints (Non Wing – Big Track)
When: Friday March 29th – Gates Open at 5pm, Racing Starts at 7:30pm
– Saturday March 30th – Gates Open at 5pm, Racing Starts at 7:00pm
What to Watch:
- Kyle Shipley is the latest driver to earn a victory in the San Tan Ford ASCS Desert Sprint Car Series, but with three different winners in three nights of racing action the competition is heating up for the local sprint car division. RJ Johnson capped off a win during the first visit of the series to CSP back in February, but it’s all Kyle Shipley up front in the points, holding a 24 point lead over Aaron Jones and brother Joshua Shipley another 17 points back.
- One doubleheader is in the books for the AZ Differential Modifieds points season at Canyon Speedway Park, with Ryan Roath and John Parmeley leading the way. Both drivers led green to checker during their respective feature wins at the Spring Showcase. Roath currently sits atop the points, six points up on Bubba Stafford and one more point back to Parmeley.
- Askrens Trucking/Flexi Flyer Sport Mods are back in action for their first time as well since the Spring Showcase. Chase Rudolf and David Jones were both victorious during the opening weekend event, with Rudolf coming away with the points lead. Rudolf is three points ahead of Jones with three more points separating Taylor Kuehl, Bryan Miller and Rex Higgins from the runner up spot.
- Allscapes Stock Cars will be competing in their fourth event of the points season at the Sunset Showdown. While winless, Cody Center sits out front in the championship battle, one point ahead of the two time winner George Fronsman. Fronsman is the only multi-race winner so far this season with Steffan Carey picking up the opening night victory.
- Three races are also in the books for the Arizona Micro Sprints with three separate winners so far on the year. Mason Keefer took opening night with Paul Martin and Josh Castro splitting features during the Spring Showcase. Keefer holds a narrow three point advantage over the consistent Brandon Sutton with AJ Hernandez only six points back.
Cost & Info:
- Admission prices for racing on March 29th and 30th are just $20 for Adults. Seniors (60+) & Military are $15 and Children 11 & Under are Free!
- All Access Pit Passes can be purchased for $35 for adults, while Ages 7-11 are $20 and 6 years & under are free. All minors under the age of 18 must have a Minor Release Form filled out and notarized prior to entry into the pits. The form can be found on the Fan Information page of our website.
FREE Dry Camping is allowed and encouraged at CSP!
For more information give us a call at (602) 258-RACE (7223) or visit us atwww.canyonspeedwaypark.com. Find us on Facebook and all of our social media accounts to stay updated with the latest from CSP! (Twitter – @racecsp ; Instagram – @canyonspeedwaypark). Join our Mailing List to stay up to date with all the latest news and special offers from CSP.
Special Thanks To Our Great Sponsors: Allscapes Installation Services, Arizona Differential, Beaver Stripes, Sands Chevrolet
ASCS Desert Non Wing Sprints Stats (CSP Only) After 1 Event
CSP Arizona Differential IMCA Modifieds Stats After 2 Events
CSP Askrens Trucking/Flexi Flyer IMCA Sport Mods Stats After 2 Events
CSP Allscapes IMCA Stock Cars Stats After 3 Events
CSP Arizona Micro Sprints Stats After 3 Events