PENSACOLA, Fla. – Mother Nature reared her ugly head on Saturday and has forced a complete washout of all scheduled on-track activity at Five Flags Speedway.

Due to heavy rains, flash flood concerns and a tornado watch in effect through 6 p.m. CT, the Allen Turner Hyundai Snowflake 100 and all scheduled Saturday support races have been postponed to Dec. 8.

Next Saturday’s program will still include the Modifieds of Mayhem season finale, which was originally slated to be run Friday night before rain invaded the Pensacola area, as well as the Pro Trucks.

This is the first time in event history that the Snowflake 100 has been completely postponed from its scheduled running on Saturday of Snowball Derby weekend. The Derby itself was pushed all the way to Tuesday night in 2016 due to persistent rain that hampered the festivities.

“We saw a couple of windows and wanted to take every opportunity that we could to make it happen,” noted Five Flags Speedway promoter Tim Bryant. “We wanted to avoid this if at all possible, but it just wasn’t in the cards and the last thing that we wanted was for people to be out here in unsafe conditions.

“We’ve had lightning in the area and we want to get people out of here, given the circumstances.”

Bryant noted that a Monday running of the Snowflake 100 was not considered, given the blue-collar nature of many of the support division teams and a bleak forecast.

“The forecast right now for Monday is horrible,” Bryant said. “Not to mention, so many of the guys in the other divisions have got to be to work on Monday. Those guys are weekend warriors, the majority of them.

“We hate this for anyone who has traveled a long way for these races, but when you combine the bad forecast with the fact that most of them can’t race on Monday anyway, that was the reason for our decision.”

The starting lineup for the modified race will remain as it was established during qualifying on Friday, while qualifying and last chance races will still be planned for the pro late models and Pro Trucks.

Sunday’s Snowball Derby remains on schedule. The Derby last chance race, originally scheduled for Saturday as well, will now take place Sunday at noon CT.

Should weather affect Sunday’s proceedings, however, Bryant noted that a Monday running of the Derby would be considered, just as it was two years ago.

“If we have weather tomorrow, we’ll run the Snowball Derby on Monday, if possible.”