What: Allscapes Back to School Special
Who: SWDRA Late Models, AZ Differential Modifieds, Allscapes Stock Cars, Desert Restorations Hobby Stocks, Sport Compacts, Micro Sprints (W-Big Track) **Modifieds & Late Models have option to race topless**
– Open Practice: Friday July 19th – 7:00pm – FREE General Admission, $20 Pit Passes – Ages 11 & Under FREE
– Racing July 20th – Gates Open at 5pm, Racing at 7:30pm
What to Watch:
- Craig Parker already has one win at CSP in the SWDRA Late Models and is coming off a big feature win at Casa Grande in the last series event. Parker will need to continue his roll as he sits just two points outside of the top 3 in the series standings. John Cornell, who also has a win at Canyon this year, maintains his point lead over Bruce Duckett and James Laing.
- John Parmeley finally took over the points lead during the last AZ Differential Modified outing at CSP with his 4th feature win on the season. The points battle is tight at the top with Parmeley leading Roath by a mere 2 points with 4 races remaining. Roath, Kollin Hibdon and Jason Noll each have 1 win on the season to go along with Parmeley’s 4 feature wins.
- Three drivers remain locked in battle at the top of the Allscapes Stock Car standings with only 3 points separating points leader Cody Center, Lonnie Foss and George Fronsman. Center only has 1 feature win on the year but has yet to finish outside of the top 5. Lonnie Foss has notched top 5 finishes in 6 of 7 events this year while George Fronsman has captured 5 feature wins. Beyond the wins, Fronsman has no other top 5 finishes, leading to a fierce fight for the championship between the 3 drivers.
- Nothing has been decided in the championship fight for the Desert Restorations Hobby Stocks either, as Bradley Stafford leads Joe Peterson by a single point with 4 races remaining on the schedule. Both Stafford and Peterson are the only drivers in the field to nail down a top 5 in every race this year, with Stafford picking up 1 win to Peterson’s 2 wins. Joe Vlasity has 2 wins on the season as well, sitting 3rd in points, 9 points back from Stafford.
- Sport Compact action has seen 3 different winners in 5 races with Robert Cody on top of the standings. Cody holds 3 feature wins and 40 laps led while holding onto a 2 point lead over Jackie Parmeley. Parmeley has 1 feature win while Brian Zelenka holds the other win. John Barron sits in third in the standings only 9 points back from the lead with 4 races remaining on the schedule.
- Arizona Micro Sprints have 4 points earning events remaining on the schedule with Brandon Sutton currently sitting atop the leaderboard. Mason Keefer (3), Cameron LaRose (2), Colton Hardy (2), Paul Martin (1) and Josh Castro (1) have all taken home a victory during the 2019 campaign. Sutton will be searching for that elusive first win of the year as the series begins to wind down to the end of the season.
Cost & Info:
- A fan favorite event of the year, children 11 & Under have a chance to walk away with a brand new backpack and school supplies during the Backpack Give-Away.
- Admission prices for racing on July 20th are just $20 for Adults. Seniors (60+) & Military are $15 and Children 11 & Under are Free!
- All Access Pit Passes can be purchased for $35 for adults, while Ages 7-11 are $20 and 6 years & under are free. All minors under the age of 18 must have a Minor Release Form filled out and notarized prior to entry into the pits. The form can be found on the Fan Information page of our website.
FREE Dry Camping is allowed and encouraged at CSP!
For more information give us a call at (602) 258-RACE (7223) or visit us atwww.canyonspeedwaypark.com. Find us on Facebook and all of our social media accounts to stay updated with the latest from CSP! (Twitter – @racecsp ; Instagram – @canyonspeedwaypark). Join our Mailing List to stay up to date with all the latest news and special offers from CSP.
Special Thanks To Our Great Sponsors: Allscapes Installation Services, Arizona Differential, Beaver Stripes, Sands Chevrolet
SWDRA Late Model Stats @ CSP After 3 Events
AZ Differential Modifieds Stats @ CSP After 7 Events
Allscapes Stock Cars Stats @ CSP After 7 Events
Desert Restorations Hobby Stocks Stats @ CSP After 5 Events
Sport Compacts Stats @ CSP After 5 Events
Micro Sprint Stats @ CSP After 9 Events